Be Part of the “Giving” by Volunteering!
The Giving Tree Volunteers are at the ROOT of what makes our sales successful! We need our hard working, prompt and friendly volunteers to make everything run smoothly!
Consignors are NOT required to volunteer, but it IS encouraged! That’s because consignors who volunteer can earn up to 75% of the proceeds of their sale! And you DON'T have to consign to be a Volunteer.
All volunteers earn passes to the exclusive Giving Tree Volunteer VIP Presale event which allows you to shop before the public and get first pick from the best of the best!
Volunteering is easy and we need help with all kinds of tasks. There are morning, afternoon and evening shifts during the week and on weekends so whatever your schedule, there is something that will work for you.
Moms, Dads and grandparents are all welcome to volunteer. They can even volunteer for you and have the benefits applied to your sale!
Volunteer shifts can be selected when you sign into the CONSIGNOR LOGIN
Why Volunteer? For the Perks!
We love our volunteers so we give them some amazing perks!
- Shop First! - By volunteering 1 three hour shift, you are given admission to our exclusive Giving Tree Volunteer VIP Presale event! At the Presale, you are the FIRST to shop our incredible array of high quality items AND get the best selection, before we open to the general public!
- Make MORE Money - All consignors earn a base 60% of their sales without volunteering. If you choose to volunteer you make an extra 5% profit on your sold merchandise for every 3 hour shift you work, up to 75%!
- Work 1 shift (3 hours): earn 65% of your sales
- Work 2 shifts (6 hours): earn 70% of your sales
- Work 3 shifts (9 hours): earn 75% of your sales
Make EVEN MORE money!!
Consignors will be entered into a raffle for each 3 hour shift worked! The winner will win an additional 10% profit for their sold items!! That means that a winner who worked 3 or more shifts could earn 85% profit of their sold items!!!
Job responsibilities range from setting up the sale, inspecting items from consignors, assisting customers during the sale, checking-out customers, to breaking down when the sale is over. We ALWAYS welcome the men in your life to volunteer on your behalf or with you since there are some jobs that require a little extra muscle.
Visit Volunteer Descriptions for more details on what to expect.
We can accommodate pregnant mamas and others who have physical limitations with lighter duties so contact us with any special concerns and we will find a something that works for you!
Once you arrive for your shift, you will:
- Check in to let someone know you are there.
- Receive a brief overview to orient you to the sale site and how to jump in and help with your Volunteer duties!
- Have water and snacks available to you, courtesy of The Giving Tree Consignment, to help keep your energy up and keep you rearing to go!
- Wear comfortable, casual clothing and shoes.
- Pick up your VIP Presale passes.
- Have fun!!
If you are not consigning but would like to attend the VIP Presale you are more than welcome to volunteer! Simply Sign Up and choose your shifts. You can volunteer for as many as you’d like!
Guidelines and Policies
In order to offer everyone shopping and volunteering at our sale the best selling experience, volunteers are asked to review the following Volunteer Guidelines. We want The Giving Tree event to be safe, well organized, and above all FUN for everyone involved.
- HAVE FUN!! We know you are working but we want you to enjoy your time as well!
- Volunteers should be friendly, enthusiastic, and prompt.
- Volunteer shifts are available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Non-Consignor Volunteers are asked to sign up for at least one shift before the VIP Presale Event in order to attend.
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes to your shift.
- We love kids!! But children are not allowed to accompany you during your volunteer session. This is a safety precaution for your children and everyone involved.
- All volunteers must check in prior to the start of their shift. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your start time so we may efficiently transition between volunteers.
- During their volunteer shift, volunteers are not allowed to shop or pull items off the sales floor for themselves.
- Consignors also may NOT drop off their consigned items during their volunteer shift if volunteering during drop-off. However, they MAY arrive 15 min prior to their shift or stay after to drop off their items.
- Please provide at least 48 hours notice if you plan on cancelling your shift so we may have time to find a replacement.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your shift, please do so as soon as possible and at a minimum of 48 hours before. This allows us time to find a replacement. You can remove yourself from a shift and/or sign up for a new one by logging in to the Volunteer Registration page. If an emergency arises and you need to cancel your commitment with us, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Volunteers who do not show up for their shift will be assessed a $25 penalty. In order to attend the VIP Presale event they will need to make up their shift prior to the Pre Sale*. If you send a replacement, your benefits will not change.
- Those who do not show up for 2 shifts unfortunately will no longer be able to volunteer for future Giving Tree Consignment events.
- Volunteers will receive their presale pass when they come to volunteer. If you are volunteering after the Presale event, we will have your name at the door.
- If you have a husband or family member volunteering for you, please be sure to have them let someone know at check-in to make sure you receive your benefits! You can work separate shifts or at the same time! i.e. - If you and your husband both work the same 3 hour shift, you make the 6 hours required for your 10% discount!
*We know that sometimes unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances do arise. We will certainly take these into account on a case-by-case basis and do our best to work with you.
If you're not already on the email list, sign up to get all the latest announcements and updates!!!