Need a fundraiser for your organization? Let The Giving Tree Consignment raise funds for you!
The Giving Tree Consignment event is a fun and unique way to raise money for your organization or group. There are three great ways to partner with us. Here’s how it works.
OPTION 1: Spread the Word!! Getting Shoppers in the Door
- The Giving Tree Consignment will provide special flyers that can be personalized with the name of your organization. The flyer gives a short description about The Giving Tree sale and provides instructions on how we can help raise funds for your group.
- Distribute your flyers to everyone! Post on Facebook, send via email, send home with kids in schools and ask them to bring the flyer to The Giving Tree Consignment sale event. The more flyers you hand out and the more excitement you generate, the more money your organization will earn!
- Your supporters simply bring a copy of the flyer to the sale and give to the cashier when checking out. All flyers must be given out prior to The Giving Tree Consignment sale. Flyers CANNOT be distributed at The Giving Tree Consignment sale location.
- The Giving Tree Consignment will send your organization a check for 5% of the total sales that were made with your flyer.
- Checks will be mailed within three weeks of the end of the sale. That’s it! It’s that easy to make raise funds for your group!
Important Notes: The deadline to apply for participation in the “Spread the Word” program is Friday, March 15, 2013. To apply, please Email Us and provide the name of your organization and a contact name and we will get back to you as soon as possible to talk about the opportunity to partner together!
Option 2: Refer Consignors
- If your organization refers a new, qualified consignor, we will donate $2 to your organization for each new consignor who lists your organization’s name upon first contacting us.
- Consignors must have never consigned with us and must not have been on our mailing list.
- Each consignor needs to have a minimum of 15 acceptable items.
Important Note: The deadline to apply for participation in the “Refer Consignors: program is Friday, March 15, 2013. To apply, please Contact Us and provide the name of your organization and a contact name and we will get back to you as soon as possible to talk about the opportunity to partner together!
Option 3: Consign as a Group! A little more work, but much more return!
Instead of selling more candles or wrapping paper to friends and family, ask them to clean out their unused children’s items and donate it all to your organization. Then turn those items into cash for your group at our event! Here’s how it works.
- Register your organization as a consignor using our online system.
- Put someone in charge! Designate one or two people to coordinate the effort to collect, inspect and tag your items.
- The Giving Tree Consignment will provide special flyers with your organizations name to promote the fundraiser as broadly as possible! There’s no limit on the number of items your organization can sell, so get as many families as you can to donate items to you and your organization will get the money.
- The flyer ask your organizations families and friends to donate gently-used children's items such as: children's clothing, toys, furniture, strollers, high chairs, etc. (Items must meet our Acceptable Items quality criteria).
- Prepare and Tag donated items following our guidelines.
- Drop items off at The Giving Tree sale site at the designated time you choose.
- Volunteer! For every three hour shift worked, your organization can earn an additional 5% towards the total amount of your sale up to 75%.
- At the end of the sale, your organization will receive 60% of your total sales minus the $5 consignor’s fee. This is an easy way to raise funds for your group and to help everyone clean out their closets in the process.